5 days ago
Friday, August 29, 2008
Sad:((((
We were going to drive to Idaho this weekend to visit my family for one last hurrah before baby boy comes, but as you can probably tell by my title, we aren't going to make it. I packed up all of our stuff as well as General's and we got on the road about 2:30. 6 hour drive here we come. Try a 1 hour drive to Butte to get gas and realize that the radiator leak we thought was small and coming from a hose, was actually a crack in the block. In that one hour drive, the temp gauge got all the way to HOT, but then would go back down to half way and back up again. We hoped that the gauge was just not working. Oh, it was working all right. So we let her cool down, filled her up with water, had a delicious Mc Donalds family dinner at the Flying J, filled her up some more and hoped that we wouldn't have to stop in every town on the way back and cool her off. Naturally, the temp never raised up above half way as if nothing were wrong. We got home safely, but VERY DISSAPOINTED. On top of that, the city of Belgrade, decided that our street needed street lamps and one was put up just yesterday right outside our condo. I am too upset to take a picture of the ugly thing, and the light shines into our family room and master lighting it up like it is day. Horrible. I had a bit of a meltdown last night and told Chris we can't live here anymore and the reason why we chose to live here is now meaningless. Things were thrown, kicked, tears were shed, etc. Who really wants to see the stars and mountains anyway. On the bright side, (pardon the pun) I called our Energy company and they said there is a shade that can put on our side of the lamp and the guy can probably get to it next week. I think I could take out the bulb with any number of our pistols, shotguns, or rifles. Jail time for darkness at night like God intended or daylight 24 hours a day...? The debate is still out. That is my sad, sad story. It is morning and things are better than last night. Trying to count my blessings, which I have many. Hope you have a better weekend. I am done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Although Crosby, TX would be blessed to have you back, I would move back to the mountains in a heartbeat if we could pin down the opportunity for affordable homes and secure jobs like we have here. Darn the city! I hope that city guy gets on the ball and gets your shade quickly!! Sorry for your rough weekend... At least there aren't any hurricanes up there to worry about right?
Post a Comment