Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some of my favorite things...for now

This is my new collage of pictures. Sorry I Couldn't get a better shot without a glare, but it just of me and Chris. I had it set up differently when we first moved in, but wanted something different. I like it. Yes, General's head is that big, and no, that picture has not been doctored or tampered with. They are driving in our F-250 that we sold.






This little heating blanket lives with me in the winter. We like to keep our house cooler and I love that shot of heat. But we are clearly not in winter. Well, RLS runs in the Meier family. That's restless leg syndrome for those of you lucky enough not to have it. I get it BAD the last 3 or so months of pregnancy and it has hit. Last night I broke this baby out from under the bed with hopes that it would relax my muscles and let me get some sleep. It worked...last night at least. So I will give it another go and see if it will continue to help.


Our wonderful neighbor Heidi, who has been mentioned in previous posts, lets us borrow this stream cleaner. It works really well and can clean carpet and upholstery. I cleaned the whole house today with it, except Sophie's room because she was sleeping. I will spare you a picture of what the water looks like when you dump it out. Let's just say its brown and gross. Main point is that dogs, kids and flip flop feet are dirty. I know they sell these at Walmart for about $200 and maybe we will invest in one one day. But for now, we borrow and I love a clean carpet,even though it only lasts about 3 days.









I have tried Claritin and it wasn't cutting it. Zyrtec has worked much better. I take it at night, so it doesn't make me too tired during the day. I hate allergies, and I think the pregnancy has added a bit of stuffiness to my life. Nonetheless, I appreciate this little white pill.













This little bottle of nose spray will make you sneeze, your eyes water and your nose burn, but it works. This spray, together with the above mentioned favorite thing make me happy at night. I often tell Chris when I have two nostrils free. He doesn't get it because he doesn't have any allergies and doesn't know what it is like to have that pressure and stuffiness of the nasal cavity. For example, when I bend over to pick up something, complete closure of the airway through the nose. I think I have a deviated septum too. LOL. I do really, but that sounds so...LA ish.








I have wanted one of these for forever and finally happened upon one at the store. I am sooooo tired of cleaning the microwave of crusty, stuck on, impossible to remove food remnants. So, this little plastic shield does just that, it shields flying and flinging food from making a permanent home in my microwave. It was no more than 2 or 3 dollars. A must have, unless you like cleaning the microwave.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Katie said...

I hear ya! I hate it when my allergies are taking front and center. As soon as my head hits the pillow both nostrils close up and he's fast asleep while I'm trying to keep my tongue from shriveling up (TMI?). Anyhow, singulair has been my "gift" from medicine and a similar nose spray from Vicks. I'm going to have to find the microwave food cover! I'm so sorry that the RLS is keeping you from sleep, especially now when you probably want it most. The things that pregnancy teaches us not to take for granted...
By the way, I love the picture collage - where do you find the wall quotes?

Robyn said...

Most of my quotes come from ones that I have seen in antique shops. I am all for stealing other people's ideas. But my oldest sister had this particular quote up in her house and I liked it. I have got a lady in Idaho that makes them for me, the letters that is. Chris is very worried that they will never come off, in case we ever sell, but I am not thinking that far ahead in the future

Katie said...

Wow, what are the letters made of? I've wanted to paint our house, but we're only renting and when we move out we'd either have to paint it back to off-white or pay them $700 to paint it back...so we're still off-white everywhere, it's very sterile with the industrial tile floors in the whole house...ho hum - your house looks great!

Phoebe said...

Who NOSE what a deviated septum will do! You better look into that!